feedburner

Your Email:

feedburner count

Elano Signs For Galatasaray

Labels: , ,

Elano has left Manchester City and has signed a 4 year deal for Turkish side Galatasaray.

The news has been confirmed by Galatasaray's official website, which pictures the creative middle-man on its front page."Brazilian national football team player Elano Blumer (27) has signed a four-year contract with Galatasaray after playing at Manchester City for two years," the club stated.

Elano claims that he needed to seek regular first team football in order to make the World Cup squad with Brazil:

"I spoke with my national coach Dunga and he told me it will be difficult to enter me on his World Cup list if I am not playing football regularly,"

"I need time on the field. This season is very important. I dream of playing in the World Cup.

"I have received a few other offers, but this is the best one for me and City.

"I never had any problems with the coach, but Hughes may not have had total confidence in me."

Elano's inconsistent displays for City coupled with his poor attitude towards being dropped from the side meant that this transfer did not come as a surprise. Elano's attitude will not be missed, however his skill and passing attributes will be. City may well look to bring in another midfielder to bolster the creative aspect of the side. Vlad Wiess may well be given more opportunities to shine in a creative roll this season.





0 comments:

Post a Comment