feedburner

Your Email:

feedburner count

Micah Richards Contracts H1N1 Swine Flu

Labels: , , , ,

Micah Richards is currently recovering from H1N1 swine flu after contracting the virus whilst on holiday in Cyprus after helping England to the final of the European Under 21 Championship in Sweden.

During a recent interview Richards said: “At first I thought it was a really bad chest infection, or maybe alcohol poisoning… …I felt so weak that I couldn't move or eat. My friends had to bring me drinks in bed. When I was told I had swine flu all sorts of things started going through my mind. You see on the news people dying of it."

A total of 15 people have died from the flu virus in England and Scotland with the government confirming the first death of a person without underlying health problems yesterday.

Richards will remain in Cyprus until he is given the all clear to travel back to Britain, he will not be travelling with the squad to Africa on Wednesday.

Richards told sky sports: “My Club have been very understanding. I’ll get some stick from the lads when I do return – they will probably all turn up to training in surgical masks.”



BBC Interview With Richards






0 comments:

Post a Comment